Sunday, January 16, 2011

Boat Cruise Hop On/ Hop Off Bus Tour


Big Ben and the London Eye

The Palace of Westminster and the London Eye

The girls outside of the Tower of London

Molly and I with a peasant inside the Tower of London

The girls outside the Tower Bridge

The chapel inside the Tower of London

The place where Anne Boleyn was beheaded

The Tower Bridge

The girls waiting for the boat cruise/ dance party down the Thames River

The Tower of London

Under the Tower Bridge

The girls on the boat cruise
The past couple of days have been absolutely amazing! London is wonderful! The boat cruise down the Thames River was so fun! What could be better than a boat with a bar and a dance floor with gorgeous views!  Unfortunately with everyone dancing the windows fogged up so the great views did not last very long.  Earlier that day I went to the Tower of London with some girls, which was really interesting.  Apparently if the ravens leave the Tower of London, the walls of London will fall, so four mammoth ravens are kept in a cage with their wings clipped.  I saw the crown jewels which are unbelievable.  They must be fake, there is no way there are diamonds and gems that large in existence.  I cannot even imagine how heavy those crowns are nor how much they must be worth. 
On Friday night I went to a bar near Picadilly Circus (british version of Times Square) called Waxy O'Connors, probably the coolest bar I have ever yet to see.  It was never ending, just kept going farther and farther down and also had trees in the middle throughout the bar.  Saturday was the original London bus tour.  This was really interesting, I saw all of the main London attractions.  However, the winter may not be the best time to ride an uncovered double decker bus, quite chilly.  Saturday night some of us went to the American sports bar again to watch the Steelers game.  We met some interesting London hockey players, none of whom were british. 
And then Sunday I went to the Spitalfield's market, which is absolutely amazing! It has tons of great stuff, I bought a picture on this cool wax paper, not sure how it was done, to jazz up my insane asylum-esque bright white walls.  Oh and the food here is still exceeding my expectations.  And still waiting to hear someone say "cheerio." I am pretty sure they only say cheers anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment